Algebraic Thinking_meeting week 4

Friday, July 9, 2010
Perbincangan minggu ke 4 kali ini memfokuskan kepada pemikiran algebra. What is algebraic thinking. As for personal understanding, its about x and y, a and b, and so many unknown figures. That's what playing on my personal mind. And that's what have been transferred to me from my teacher previously, and i guess that's what i think about my teacher who recieved that knowledge from her previous teacher. So there it goes, a circle of unknown figures need to be solved, from teacher to student, and back to teacher again, without any urge to find it's meaning. From today's workshop conductec by Prof. Marzita, it really opens up my mind that i have never, never thought of any mathematical terms or knowledge that i experience everyday to be related with algebraic thinking. So it goes that the workshop really triggers my so called 'surface' of algebra understanding. I guess it's the time to look back on what i've should known abaout mahematics and its power to develop thinking, which i must inculcate during my teaching and learning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment